Friday 11 March 2016

A seniors week. Or being the youngest again.

Flew back from Adelaide last Saturday straight into Newcastle and now we are packing up from a week of fellowship with a group of 120 seniors, many of whom were influential in our early married life, and some people I had never met until this week. Discussions were lead by various speakers and we loaded into busses to visit the Hunter Valley Gardens and Old Morpeth Town.


I am used to being in the senior range of our get togethers since we are grandparents, but this time I was in fact the second youngest attendee.  So of course I grabbed the other younger nearly 60 year olds and their just a little bit older partners and headed to the teenagers seats at the back of the bus. Spent some time reliving past glories and shared youth, heckling the people in front and generally revelling in the allusion of youth.
 I had to ignore my sore knee and pretend I was leaping not levering myself out of the seats but it was a nice feeling.
 

Boy can oldies... I mean senior citizens.... eat. Endless cups of tea, and cake. No kids on the playground under my window though.
Sitting amongst the crafty ones I finished my latest afghan, and sold it to a good home.  Hope you enjoy it Fay.






Cheers Sue




A Ferg on the Move

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Maybe. The colours are a bit like some of our ladies art. The style is not though.

      Delete
  3. Hi Sue, I LOVE my new afghan. I simply LOVE it. Thank you. It will grace my little camper van when I travel, and my couch when I am at home. Every time I use it I will think of you. You are an amazing person. I watched in or out all the work you did the camper. Yet in between I watched the patterns grow from your fingers in beautiful combinations of colours. What an amazing couple you and Kevin are. Happy travelling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Fay. The joy is in the making. It is even better when I know their owners.

      Delete